Although romantic love is the most common written about form of love. It’s often not the deepest. Agape and Philia love often goes deeper. Romantic love must have agape and Philia love to turn into a lasting love, Pragma love.
Types of Love
- Eros, or sexual passion. The first kind of love was eros, named after the Greek god of fertility, and it represented the idea of sexual passion and desire. We call it romantic love.
- Philia, or deep friendship.
- Ludus, or playful love.
- Agape, or love for everyone. Commonly called brotherly or sisterly love.
- Pragma, or longstanding love.
- Philautia, or love of the self.
Philautia, or love of the self is very important. One must love themselves before they can extend it to anyone else.