I learned something new today. It’s called “Are you a ‘famous’ snob? I asked the person to explain it to me after they made me aware of the phrase.
I explained everyone has their favorite ‘whatever’.
What it means is the type of person who pays nothing and I mean absolutely nothing attention if it doesn’t involve a famous person.
Here’s the bulletins sent me:
1. You’ll only read a book, magazine or article if a celebrity suggested it, is in it or it is about them. All books must be written by a famous author. No matter inspiring a quote you read maybe, if not said or written by a ‘famous’ person you quickly move on.
2. You’ll only listen to music if the singer or performer is famous.
3. You’ll only watch a movie if it is a star spangled one. A least two stars must already be famous.
4. You’ll wear clothing only if certain famous person is wearing that style at the moment. And will bankrupt yourself if you must to achieve the look.
5. You actively seek out and look for only ‘famous’ posts to click ‘like’ online.
6. You’ll only forward a post if it is written by a famous person or about a famous person.
7. You mimic the famous unto the point of snapping pictures of your meals, inside your home, your pets, your children with no regard for their safety by placing them online for who knows who to see them. Never mind you don’t have personal bodyguards and if anything happens to them or you it won’t make world news.
8. You’ll select a pet based upon the animal a famous person is seen sporting.
9. You’re obsessed with celebrities. You live your life through them. The obsession doesn’t strictly apply to living celebrities. Deceased ones are included also. A person must be famous to get your attention regarding anything. A homeless person dying in the street is trivial to you unless a famous person called it to your attention.
10. You place famous people on a pedestal. Granting them a god like status and you’re completely devastated when or if you discover they’re humans just like everyone else on the planet.
11. Your political views aren’t your own. It’s whatever the famous people support. Then, so do you.
12. You find groups as equally as nuts as yourself and expects everyone to worship the famous and gets angry if they don’t.
The last one was sort of funny but I don’t believe I know anyone this obsessed with the famous.