Things to do while under quarantine or moreso social isolation. The list is endless. These are a few things that doesn’t require leaving home and exposing yourself.
1. Read a book from a writer you have never read before.
2. Cook and experiment with new recipes.
3. Learn to knit or sew. You would be surprised at how this may come in handy.
4. Fix things around the house you’ve been kicking down the road for weeks, months, or years. Like paint the old dresser in your basement and give it a new life.
5. Clean out your closet.
6. Eat all the left overs in your freezer and toss those expired.
7. Write paper letters to loved ones and when it’s ok to go out again, mail them. People still appreciate the old courtesy of a paper letter.
8. Mend old socks and reknit old sweaters.
9. Play with pets, children or grandchildren who lives with you. It’s not wise to bring in anyone at the moment.
10. (Only if you have a garden) Learn to blanch, freeze and can foods. This can save lots of money if you grow your own foods. Blanching is a cooking process in which a food, usually a vegetable or fruit, is scalded in boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process. Blanching foods helps reduce quality loss over time.
11. Learn a hobby such as woodcraft, painting, or jewelry making. It doesn’t have to be resale quality great just as long as you enjoy it. You can make use of many everyday things around the house that we normally throw away to create a hobby. Be creative.
12. Make a quilt from old clothing and rags found around the house.
13. Make rag rugs. Ask an older person if you don’t know what they are.
14. Clean out the kitchen cabinets.
15. Clean the windows
16. Wash the car.
17. Wash the cat or dog.
18. Chat with loved ones via Skype.
19. Watch your old favorite movie
20. Catch up on your reading.