Despite Hollywood’s scenarios of a hooded loner or dark alley loiter as being a psychopath, this simply isn’t true. If it was so….then more people would know how to avoid them.
Since psychopaths can’t kill, harm, or maim people any more and blame it on their religion or superstition belief as they did in ancient times they’ve found new way around the social norms prohibiting their behavior. Psychopaths are smart enough to get around the social restrictions to saute their manipulative cravings and, murderous minds. But if we pay attention they can be uncovered.
Here are five things psychopath personality traits:
- They’re extremely charming.
Psychopaths are almost always well-liked. They come across as delightful, charming people great at making small talk. They are not recluse loners as protrayed in movies and novels. That’s merely for the psychological effect. Their quick wit and charm tends to draw people to them. They usually have interesting stories as well. Their convincing stories portray them in a favorable, yet believable light. People walk away from conversations with a psychopath feeling pretty good about the person and themselves. All psychopaths are liars. Not every charming, charismatic person is a psychopath.
- They don’t experience remorse. Lack of guilt could be the first red flag that signal that someone might be a psychopath. Psychopaths aren’t capable of feeling any genuine remorse. They don’t accept any responsibility for hurting other people. Instead, they blame those they hurt and deny responsibility. A psychopath may say that someone “deserved” to be treated poorly. Or justify it by some insidious reason they know the public will accept. They shrug off any accusations that they offended someone by saying, “She or he needs to be less sensitive, grow a backbone,” or “I guess he or she just can’t handle the truth.” As if they were speaking the truth.
- They’re super arrogant. Psychopaths have a very inflated sense of importance. Much like narcissists, they think the usual rules of life don’t apply to them. They also tend to have grandiose ideas about their potential in every situation. They believe they deserve to be the ruler, CEO, or they’re convinced they’re the best at everything they do. They are superior to you. Therefore, it doesn’t matter if they harm or kill others. If offended they never let go of a grudge. They can keep it going for years. I’m not talking about a confident person here. There is a big difference.
- They take big risks. This part about them wins them many friends. Psychopaths have little regard for safety, especially other people’s safety. They’ll lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. This behavior can be especially toxic to those around them or admire them. While not all psychopaths engage in illegal activity, those who do, they plan their crimes well in advance. Their misconduct is usually well-organized, and they leave few clues behind. If they are discovered in a lie. No one will believe you because they have lied for so long, so hard, and so well that you can believe you see the Matrix. Psychopaths tend to be very intelligent, which makes them great con artists and murders. I’m no talking about go-getters.
- They’re master manipulators.
They are masters at understanding humans emotions and how to play them. They understand the rules of society far better than the average person. Just because they understand it doesn’t mean they feel it. They don’t experience genuine emotions toward any one. But they mimic emotions expected of them. Therefore, they come across as very genuine. As a result, their loved ones often have no idea they’re incapable of truly caring for them until an event arrive where the loved one need them.
Psychopaths are really good at manipulating other people’s emotions. They flatter people in an effective manner, and before long, they persuade others to do things they wouldn’t normally do. If the person does not do as they want them, then, that’s when the grudge and vendetta begins. They’ll use anything; include love and guilt trips to meet their goals.
Most do not look like this.